Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNoWriMo: Stands For...?

Image found here
N is for Not Doing the Laundry and Writing Instead
A is for All the Decaying Food in the Fridge Looks More Tempting Than Writing
N is for Never-ending Licks from a Grooming Cat Who Insists on Shoving Your Laptop Off Your Lap
O is for Obnoxious Cat Who Scratches Your Chair While You Write
W is for Why Am I Doing This to Myself?
R is for Resentment of All Those Who Are Making the 2500-Words-a-Day Goal
I is for I'm Not Up for This
M is for Mentioning Your Pitiful Word Count Too Many Times on Facebook
O is for Opportunities, Dreams, and Hopes That This Month Fosters

If you're a writer, what's the best part of NaNoWriMo? The worst? If you're a teacher of writing, what can a day of NaNoWriMo teach you--and remind you of what we ask our students to do weekly?

I've begun a new novel, THE CHASTITY CLUB, part of a NERD GIRLS series of books with Wendy's story as the inaugural tale. I'm 6,500-some words in, with a good 3,000 written prior to NaNoWriMo, but who's counting?

Meanwhile, I'm still querying agents for HOW WENDY REDBIRD DANCING SURVIVED THE DARK AGES OF NOUGHT and weighing my self-publishing options.

If NaNoWriMo stands for anything, it's the belief that fuel my writing mission: Fall 8 times, stand up 9. Just keep writing, seeking, trying.

For more prompts on NaNoWriMo, visit my 2011 post.

No comments: